Here you can find everything you need to know about working in different groups within finance – M&A, ECM, and so on – as well as in different regions and cities across the world.
Plus, all sorts of different areas beyond investment banking – such as Sales & Trading, Equity Research, Private Wealth Management, Prop Trading, and more.
And we even get to make fun of consultants a good amount as well (since that never gets old).
Investment Banking – Product Groups
Investment Banking – Industry Groups
- Apparel, Appliances, and Advisory: What You Do in the Consumer Retail Group at an Investment Bank
- Bridges, Broadband, and Bankrupt State Governments: How to Break Into Public Finance
- Business & Professional Services Investment Banking: Can You Outsource Yourself?
- Chemicals Investment Banking 101: Walter White Meets Gordon Gekko?
- Clean Tech Investment Banking: Work in Finance Without Corrupting Your Soul?
- Construction & Engineering Investment Banking: The Best Way to Build a Strong Finance Foundation?
- Financial Institutions Groups (FIG) 101: Got Book Value?
- Food and Beverage Investment Banking: The Best Way to Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too?
- Healthcare Investment Banking: The Best Place to Check In When Other Bankers are on Their Career Death Beds?
- Industry Groups vs. Product Groups: Got Exit Opps?
- Infrastructure Investment Banking: How to Buy and Sell Airports, Stadiums, and More
- Internet and New Media Investment Banking: Something Old Meets Something New
- Investment Banking in Calgary: Advise on Multi-Billion Dollar Energy Deals and Still Get the Weekends Off?
- Media & Telecom Investment Banking: The Best Way to Advise Companies In Pursuit of World Domination?
- Metals & Mining Investment Banking: Got Divested Gold Mines?
- Oil & Gas Investment Banking: More Money Than Big Oil and Big Banking Combined?
- Planes, Trains and Capital Equipment: What You Do In the Industrials Group at an Investment Bank
- Power & Utilities Investment Banking: The Most Electrifying Group Ever?
- Public Finance, Part 2: A Day in the Life, Deals and Modeling, Exit Opportunities and More
- Real Estate Investment Banking 101: Location, Location, Location
- Space & Satellite Investment Banking: The Best Way to Meet Elon Musk and Get a Free Shuttle to Jupiter?
- Sports Investment Banking: The Best Way to Own Manchester United AND the Miami Heat?
- Technology Investment Banking: Bubbles, Failed IPOs, and Unprofitable Billion-Dollar Companies?
- The Financial Sponsors Group: Masters of the Financial Universe, or Humble Servants of PE Firms and Hedge Funds?
- The Industrials Group (Part Three): Maritime Shipping Investment Banking
- Transportation & Logistics Investment Banking: The Industrials Group, Part 2
Types of Finance Firms and Types of Banks
Investment Banking – Regions
The Back Office
Sales & Trading and Prop Trading
- 48 Hours in the Life of a Sales & Trading Intern
- A Day in the Life of a S&T Intern at a Bulge Bracket Bank in New York: 5 AM Wake-ups and Glorified Lunch Delivery Service?
- A Day in the Life of an Options Trader at a Bulge Bracket Bank: From Delta to Vega and Back Again
- All About Automated Trading: What It Is and What It Isn’t
- Consulting vs. Trading vs. Entrepreneurship: Got Lifestyle?
- Convertible Bond Sales 101: Got Liquidity?
- Credit Derivatives Trading in Tokyo: Interview
- Distressed Debt Investing at a Boutique Firm: Better Than a Bulge Bracket Sales & Trading Offer?
- Equities Gone Wild: How to Break into Institutional Dealing at an Investment Bank
- Forex Brokerage: The Best Path into the Finance Industry in Cyprus?
- From Engineering to Prop Trading: How to Make the Leap, and How to Survive on the Job
- From Middle-Office Operations to Front-Office Sales & Trading: How One Reader Made the Leap and How You Can Do It Too
- From Visa-Less Foreigner in the UK to the FICC Trading Desk at a Top Bulge Bracket Bank: How to Make the Leap
- How to Win a Sales & Trading Internship in Hong Kong from a Non-Target School – Without Even Being from Asia
- On the Trading Floor
- Prop Trading 101: How You Break In, What You Do, and How Long It Takes to Make $10 Million and Retire to Your Own Private Beach in Thailand
- Prop Trading vs. Bulge Bracket Sales & Trading: Fatty Bonuses vs. Restrictive Regulations That Drain Your Bank Account?
- Sales & Trading Internships: The Top 9 Ways to Go from Internship to Full-Time Offer
- Sales & Trading Interview Domination, Part 2: Markets, Brainteasers, and Mental Math
- Sales & Trading Interviews, Part 1: How to Dominate the “Fit” Questions
- Sales & Trading Networking: 3 Success Stories from a Non-Target School and What You Can Learn from Them
- Sales & Trading vs. Investment Banking, Part 1 – Recruiting
- Sales & Trading vs. Investment Banking, Part 2: Lifestyle, Co-Workers, Pay & Exit Opportunities
- The Equities Trading Floor: What You Really Do Every Day, and Why You Don’t Even Have to Work in Dallas
- The Non-Target School Sales & Trading Recruiting Process: How it Works from Beginning to End
- The Perfect Sales & Trading Resume Template?
- Traders and Brokers: Bud Fox vs. Gordon Gekko?
- Trading Psychology: How to Think Like a Trader
- What Do You Do In Fixed Income Besides Bankrupting Your Firm with Toxic Assets?
- What is the S&P 500, and Why Does It Matter to Traders at Banks?
- What to Expect in Your Hong Kong Sales and Trading Internship: The Hunger Games Meets the Wolf of Wall Street?
- What You Actually Do In Sales & Trading, Part 2: Equity Trading
Private Wealth Management / Private Banking