This is where you find everything related to those golden exit opportunities – how to write your resume and interview for them, what it’s like working on the buy-side, and how much your hourly rate improves over investment banking.
Plus, tips on business school, dealing with headhunters, and more.
MBA & Master’s Programs
How to Get Into Top Business Schools
- Agricultural Finance: The Hottest and Most Overlooked Asset Class in the World?
- Breaking Into Investment Funds in Eastern Europe: How to Get Screwed on Your Bonus and Then Leave for Ethical Reasons
- Copy This Investment Banker Resume Template to Get Into KKR (Or At Least, Something Almost as Good)
- Finding The Time To Interview (How Many Trips To The Doctor Can You Have In One Week?)
- From Big 4 Accounting to Private Equity at a Canadian Pension Fund: A One-Way Ticket to Earning More and Becoming a Deal-Maker?
- From Cold Call to Closed Deal: How a Private Equity Investment Comes Together, Part 1 – The Idea
- From Cold Call to Closed Deal: How a Private Equity Investment Comes Together, Part 2 – The Deal?
- From Cold Call to Closed Deal: How a Private Equity Investment Comes Together, Part 3 – The Dotted Line
- Frontier Markets Private Equity: The Upstart That Displaced Emerging Markets PE with One Swift Knockout Punch?
- How to Ace Your Private Equity Interviews
- How to Break Into Investment Banking and Private Equity in Singapore
- How to Break Into Private Equity Right Out of Undergraduate with No Investment Banking or Private Equity Internships
- How to Break Into Private Equity – Straight from a 17-Year Veteran of the Industry
- How to Defy the Odds and Break Into Private Equity in China as a Foreigner – Even as Everyone Else is Getting Deported
- How to Get a Private Equity Job in 2,550 Words
- How to Get into Private Equity from a Bulge-Bracket Bank and Conquer the Crazy Recruiting Process
- How to Get Into Private Equity in Russia, and What to Do Next
- How to Make Investment Recommendations in Private Equity Interviews and Case Studies in 4 Simple Steps
- How to Overcome a Rescinded Job Offer and Break Into Real Estate Private Equity Anyway
- How to Walk Through Your Resume in Buy-Side Interviews
- Infrastructure Investing On the Job: Private Equity Lite, or Modeling Like a Mega-Fund?
- Infrastructure Investing: What It Is and How to Break In
- Investment Banking and Private Equity in Mainland China: Land of the Surefire 100% IRR?
- Investment Banking Exit Opportunities: The Myth of the Buy-Side Job
- Leveraged Aircraft Leasing: The Best Way to Break Into Finance as an Engineer?
- Mezzanine Investing: Private Equity ‘Lite’ or More Action for Less Stress?
- Oil & Gas Project Finance in Singapore: All the Upside of Asia, with None of the Risk?
- On the Job in the Nordic Renewable Energy Investment Industry: The Coolest Place Ever to Work?
- Private Equity 101: The Infographic
- Private Equity Case Studies in 3,017 Words
- Private Equity Funds of Funds, On the Job: PE Pay and Prestige with Half the Hours?
- Private Equity Funds of Funds: “PE Lite” or Equally Attractive Finance Job?
- Private Equity in Emerging Markets: The Fastest Way to 26%+ Returns Even as the Rest of the World is Dying?
- Private Equity in India: The Most Exciting Emerging Market to Invest In?
- Private Equity in Latin America: How to Break in as a Foreigner without Speaking a Word of Spanish
- Private Equity on TV vs. Real Life: The Infographic
- Private Equity Resumes
- Private Equity Strategies 101: What’s the Fastest Way to a Billion Dollars?
- Private Equity vs. Venture Capital
- Project Finance Jobs: Leveraged Finance Meets Special Purpose Vehicles and Granular Modeling?
- Should You Start Out In Private Equity or at a Hedge Fund Rather Than In Investment Banking?
- So, Why Do You Make Millions of Dollars in Private Equity – And Will It Last?
- Sovereign Wealth Funds in Australia: The Best Way to Break into Finance off the Beaten Path?
- The Top 5 Mistakes You’re Making in Buy-Side Interviews, and How to Fix Them and Win Offers
- What to Expect In Your Private Equity Internship in China: Deals, Culture, Pay, and How You Break In
- What’s in a Growth Equity Case Study?
- What’s in a Real Estate Private Equity Case Study?
- What’s in a Real Estate Private Equity Case Study? Part 2: A Value-Added Office Case Study
- What’s in a Real Estate Private Equity Case Study? Part 3: A Pre-Sold Condo Development in São Paulo
- Why Do Private Equity Firms Recruit Young Bankers in a Frenzy Each Year? And What Should You Do About It?
- Why Private Equity?
- Why You Can’t Break Into Private Equity as a Foreigner in China
- Why You Can’t Get an Investment Banking or Private Equity Job via Recruiters – And What to Do About It
- Your Own Private Equity Case Study Interview Template (The Dell LBO, Part 5 – Case Study Presentation)
Hedge Funds & Asset Management
- Asset Management Sales 101: The Most Stable Area in the Smoldering Remains of Wall Street?
- From M&A Boutique Bank to Distressed Hedge Fund, Part 2: On the Job, Pay, and Exit Opps
- From M&A Boutique Bank to Distressed Hedge Fund: How to Make the Leap, Part 1
- From Oil & Gas Investment Banking to Energy Hedge Fund: How to Make the Leap and Dominate Your Case Studies
- Fund Management, Part 2: Regular Hours, Decent Pay and a Stimulating Job?
- Hedge Fund Case Studies 101, Part 1: What They Are, Why You Should Care About Them, and How to Dominate Your Own Case Studies and Land $500K+ Job Offers
- Hedge Fund Case Studies 101, Part 2: How to Research, Structure, and Present Your Stock Pitch to Continue Landing Those $500K+ Job Offers
- Hedge Fund Case Studies 101, Part 3: How to Build the Financial Models You Need to Land Offers – and Put Together Your Stock Pitch
- Hedge Fund Case Studies, Part 4: Your Stock Pitch Template
- Hedge Funds vs. Asset Management: Is a Billion Dollars Really Cooler Than a Million Dollars?
- How to Become a Value Investor – Whether You’re Passive, Active, or a Barbarian at the Gate
- How to Break Into a Hedge Fund, Make Enough to Retire, and Travel Around the World Kiteboarding, Paragliding and Skydiving
- How to Break Into Asset Management in Germany – from a Part-Time, Non-Target, Distance Learning MBA Program
- How to Gain a Serious Edge Over the Competition with a Pre-MBA Internship at a Hedge Fund
- How to Pick Companies to Pitch in Hedge Fund and Private Equity Case Studies in 5 Simple Steps
- How to Pitch a Bank Stock (FIG) – and Profit Handsomely When You’re Right
- How to Prepare an Oil & Gas Stock Pitch – and Prevent Disaster When It Goes Wrong
- How to Start Your Own Hedge Fund, Part 1: Raising Capital and Launching Your Fund
- How to Start Your Own Hedge Fund, Part 2: Investment Strategies and the Technical Side
- How to Start Your Own Hedge Fund, Part 3: How to Hire Your Team and Build an Organization
- How to Start Your Own Hedge Fund: A Day in the Life at Your New Start-Up Fund
- On the Job as an Associate Portfolio Manager in Asset Management: The Fastest Path to Becoming the Next Warren Buffett?
- Quant Hedge Funds: String Theory + Algorithms = Binders Full of Money?
- So You Think You Can Start a Hedge Fund? How to Become the Next Ken Griffin: Getting Up and Running
- The Back Office at a Hedge Fund: Time to Jump Off a Cliff?
- What Happens If You Start Your Own Hedge Fund and It Doesn’t Work Out?
Corporate Development & Corporate Finance
- A Day in the Life of a Corporate Finance Analyst: Casual Friday, Mocking Consultants, and “Critical Emergencies”
- A Week in the Life of a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager, Monday to Wednesday: 3-Year Strategy Plans, Loopy CFOs, and Midnight Excel Marathons
- A Week in the Life of a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager, Thursday and Friday: How to Present Your 3-Year Strategy Plan to the CEO
- From Big 4 Transaction Advisory Services to Corporate Development at a Large Financial Institution: Half the Audits and Twice the Money?
- From Community College to Fortune 500 Investor Relations: How to Defy the Odds Even When Everyone Tells You “No”
- General Electric’s Financial Management Program: The Most Prestigious Corporate Finance Gig Around?
- General Electric’s Financial Management Program: An Insider’s Guide on How to Break In
- How to Break Into Corporate Development and Make Bank Without Selling Your Soul
- How to Break Into Corporate Development as an Engineer with No Finance Experience
- If a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Managing Director (MD) Fight to the Death, Who Comes Out Alive?
- Investor Relations: The Best Path to Getting a Life, Securing Stability and a Solid Paycheck, and Going Benefit Hopping on Friday Nights?
- Marketing: The Most “Creative” Investment Banking Exit Opportunity?
- Metals & Mining Corporate Development and Investor Relations: Measured and Indicated Exit Opportunities?
- Strategic Planning at a Defense Contractor: Top Exit Opportunity, or a “Plan B” for Consultants?
- The Corporate Finance Jobs Hierarchy at a Fortune 500 Company: From Analyst Monkey to CFO
- Wheeling, Dealing, and Joint Venturing: On the Job in Corporate Development
The Other Path (Government, Entrepreneurship, etc.)