This is where you find everything related to those golden exit opportunities – how to write your resume and interview for them, what it’s like working on the buy-side, and how much your hourly rate improves over investment banking.
Plus, tips on business school, dealing with headhunters, and more.
- Can You Really Use Business School to Re-Brand Yourself and Break Into Finance?
- From Investment Banking to Harvard Business School: How to Outshine Every Other Banker and Make the Leap
- Positioning Yourself for Business School, Part 1: The Financier
- Positioning Yourself for Business School, Part 2: The Non-Financier
- The GMAT Exam: A Call Option on Your Career?
How to Get Into Top Business Schools
- CFA vs. MBA: Which One is Right for You?
- How to Take the GMAT as an Investment Banker
- Which GMAT Course Should You Use to Get Into Business School?
- Should You Get an MBA to Break Into Investment Banking?
- Finance Headhunters: Friend Or Foe?
- Reckoning with Recruiters: How to Outsmart the Sharks and Land Job Offers Without Being Eaten Alive
- Taming the Recruiter Beast: 5 Tips to Preserve Your Sanity and Land You a Job
- Why You Can’t Get an Investment Banking or Private Equity Job via Recruiters – And What to Do About It
The Buy-Side – General
- Finding The Time To Interview (How Many Trips To The Doctor Can You Have In One Week?)
- Investment Banking Exit Opportunities: The Myth Of The Buyside Job
- Leveraged Aircraft Leasing: The Best Way to Break Into Finance as an Engineer?
- On the Job in the Nordic Renewable Energy Investment Industry: The Coolest Place Ever to Work?
- Should You Start Out In Private Equity or at a Hedge Fund Rather Than In Investment Banking?
- From Big 4 Accounting to Private Equity at a Canadian Pension Fund: A One-Way Ticket to Earning More and Becoming a Deal-Maker?
- From Cold Call to Closed Deal: How a Private Equity Investment Comes Together, Part 1 – The Idea
- From Cold Call to Closed Deal: How a Private Equity Investment Comes Together, Part 2 – The Deal?
- From Cold Call to Closed Deal: How a Private Equity Investment Comes Together, Part 3 – The Dotted Line
- From Private Equity to Trading: Shady Deals, Soft Skills and Trading From Home
- How to Ace Your Private Equity Interviews
- How to Break Into Private Equity Right Out of Undergraduate with No Investment Banking or Private Equity Internships
- How to Break Into Private Equity – Straight from a 17-Year Veteran of the Industry
- How to Get a Private Equity Job in 2,550 Words
- Mezzanine Investing: Private Equity ‘Lite’ or More Action for Less Stress?
- Private Equity 101: The Infographic
- Private Equity Case Studies in 3,017 Words
- Private Equity Funds of Funds: “PE Lite” or Equally Attractive Finance Job?
- Private Equity in Emerging Markets: The Fastest Way to 26%+ Returns Even as the Rest of the World is Dying?
- Private Equity in Latin America: How to Break in as a Foreigner without Speaking a Word of Spanish
- Private Equity on TV vs. Real Life: The Infographic
- Private Equity Resumes
- Private Equity Strategies 101: What’s the Fastest Way to a Billion Dollars?
- Private Equity vs. Venture Capital
- So, Why Do You Make Millions of Dollars in Private Equity – And Will It Last?
- Why Private Equity?
- Why You Can’t Break Into Private Equity as a Foreigner in China
Hedge Funds & Asset Management
- Asset Management Sales 101: The Most Stable Area in the Smoldering Remains of Wall Street?
- From M&A Boutique Bank to Distressed Hedge Fund, Part 2: On the Job, Pay, and Exit Opps
- From M&A Boutique Bank to Distressed Hedge Fund: How to Make the Leap, Part 1
- From Oil & Gas Investment Banking to Energy Hedge Fund: How to Make the Leap and Dominate Your Case Studies
- Fund Management, Part 2: Regular Hours, Decent Pay and a Stimulating Job?
- Hedge Fund Case Studies 101, Part 1: What They Are, Why You Should Care About Them, and How to Dominate Your Own Case Studies and Land $500K+ Job Offers
- Hedge Fund Case Studies 101, Part 2: How to Research, Structure, and Present Your Stock Pitch to Continue Landing Those $500K+ Job Offers
- Hedge Fund Case Studies 101, Part 3: How to Build the Financial Models You Need to Land Offers – and Put Together Your Stock Pitch
- Hedge Funds vs. Institutional Asset Management: Is a Billion Dollars Really Cooler Than a Million Dollars?
- How to Become a Value Investor – Whether You’re Passive, Active, or a Barbarian at the Gate
- How to Break Into a Hedge Fund, Make Enough to Retire, and Travel Around the World Kiteboarding, Paragliding and Skydiving
- How to Start Your Own Hedge Fund, Part 2: A Day in the Life at Your New Start-Up Fund
- Quant Hedge Funds: String Theory + Algorithms = Binders Full of Money?
- So You Think You Can Start a Hedge Fund? How to Become the Next Ken Griffin, Part 1 – Getting Up and Running
- The Back Office at a Hedge Fund: Time to Jump Off a Cliff?
- How to Break Into Venture Capital
- Private Equity vs. Venture Capital
- What Do You Do as a Venture Capitalist?
Corporate Development & Corporate Finance
- A Day in the Life of a Corporate Finance Analyst: Casual Friday, Mocking Consultants, and “Critical Emergencies”
- How to Break Into Corporate Development and Make Bank Without Selling Your Soul
- How to Break Into Corporate Development as an Engineer with No Finance Experience
- Investor Relations: The Best Path to Getting a Life, Securing Stability and a Solid Paycheck, and Going Benefit Hopping on Friday Nights?
- The Corporate Finance Jobs Hierarchy at a Fortune 500 Company: From Analyst Monkey to CFO
- Wheeling, Dealing, and Joint Venturing: On the Job in Corporate Development
- Becoming Donald Trump: How to Break Into Commercial Real Estate, Build an Empire, and Launch Your Own Reality TV Series
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage: Make Millions Without Suffering Through Investment Banking First?
The Other Path (Government, Entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Can You Use Your Finance Skills to Save the World? How to Break Into the Ministry of Finance
- How to Launch Your Own Successful Online Business While Working Full-Time at a Bank – Without Getting Fired or Losing Your Mind
- The Ministry of Finance, Part 2: A Day in the Life, Pay, and Exit Opportunities